Monday, May 6, 2013

Hot Chocolate 5k

It has been a while since Alisa and I have run any road races, and when we heard about a race where they give you chocolate afterwards we were in.  Back in January we ran the race with a bunch of friends and  made a fun overnight trip out of it.  The race was lots of fun, great running weather and good results.  Afterwards we enjoyed our hot chocolate, fondue cup of chocolate with pretzels, bananas, wafers sticks, and hard chocolate candies.  We also got pretty cool hoodies for our effort and money.




Did I mention we did well.  I ran it in 22:31 finishing 43rd overall and 9th in my age group.  Alisa ran it in 25:33 and finished 206th overall and 13th in her age group.  Over 8,900 people ran the 5K, I think we did pretty good!

p.s. this Sunday, January 13, 2013 was also the start of Alexis's battle with the stomach bug that led to the Celiac's disease diagnosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment